De Minimis value - express shipment exemptions
CUSTOMS INFORMATION WHEN BUYING GOODS FOR PERSONAL USE
- Customs duties and taxes are not included in the price of the goods and shipping invoice.
- You may avoid paying duties and/or taxes, if the value of your shipment does not exceed De Minimis value.
The "de minimis value" - also referred to as the "low value threshold" - is the value under which qualifying goods can be more simply entered for customs clearance. Qualifying shipments of our products under the "de minimis value" also qualify duty free and tax free nil rates. The "de minimis value" differs by country De Minimis value by country
In the United States, the minimum threshold for import tax is $800. Goods valued below $800 are also not subject to customs duty.
Countries that are a member of the European Union and use the Euro as a currency all share the same minimum thresholds.
- Customs Duty is not due for goods when their value does not exceed €150
- VAT exemptions for goods when their value does not exceed €22SHIPMENTS OVER THE DE MINIMIS VALUE
If you need to pay import duty or tax/VAT on a delivery, entire process is done by DHL Express courier service who usually lodges the customs declaration for release of goods for free circulation through the customs agent and contact you.
They’ll tell you how much you need to pay, and when it’s due.
To ensure the DHL courier can deliver your goods in shortest possible time after entering your country or customs union, on your approval DHL pays the customs authority on your behalf for duties and taxes that are due on the goods.
Once the duties and taxes are fully repaid to DHL the goods will be delivered to you.
CUSTOMS INFORMATION WHEN BUYING GOODS FOR COMMERCIAL USE
- Country of origin where our products are painted and from where we ship is Serbia, an associated country to the European Union.
- HTS Tariff Code for the United States is 7013.99.90 Glassware of a kind used for table, kitchen, toilet, office, indoor decoration or similar purposes: Other glassware: Valued over $5 each: 7.2% General Rate of Duty.
- HS Tariff Code for the European Union countries is 7013 37 91 Glassware of a kind used for table, kitchen, toilet, office, indoor decoration or similar purposes: Other: Cut or otherwise decorated: zero rate due to preferential arrangement between Serbia and EU.
- The European Union has signed preferential arrangement: Stabilization and Association Agreement (08.12.2009) with Serbia. This preferential arrangement allows EU customers to pay a nil-rate of import customs duty when importing the goods from Serbia. A declaration of origin on invoice can be used for goods under €6,000 destined for EU countries.
- Also the Free Trade Agreement (17 December 2009) is signed between Serbia and the European Free Trade Association EFTA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland).